'Couture Culture' Opening
Snap! Space presents ‘Couture Culture’, an exhibit which at once idealizes and deconstructs the notion of fashion and beauty.
Featuring works from renowned beauty, fashion and fine art artists/photographers from New York, Paris, Warsaw and Los Angeles, Couture Culture presents diverse viewpoints on beauty and its evolution through the 20th and 21st centuries. The exhibit includes:
• Provocative images by artist Cheyco Leidmann, celebrating the 35th Anniversary of ‘Foxy Lady.’
• Timeless elegance, with vintage photographs of Coco Chanel in her atelier, by Douglas Kirkland.
• Behind the scenes of the carefully packaged catwalk fashion world, with its attendant protocol and hierarchies, documented by Dina Litovsky.
• Ephemeral fashion billboards dominating the urban landscape, as an exploration of the relationship between near-future illusions and physical reality, by Natan Dvir.
• Organic beauty revealed by French photographer Isabelle Chapuis.
• Highly stylized black & white photographs by Polish photographer Szymon Brodziak.
• Theatrical fashion imagery by Kristian Schuller, courtesy CU-1 Gallery.
The evening will also include new works by Rebecca Rose. Fashion installation by Fused Fashion, and couture designer Julia Chew. Craft cocktails by The Couresy. DJ Nigel John.
Curated by Holly and Patrick Kahn.
'Couture Culture' runs through November 7, 2015.