We Are One!
Friday, January 23rd, 7-10pm.
Snap! Space celebrates our one year anniversary + the lighting of the CAMEO Theater Sign + the public art fence installation!
Join us as we celebrate the lighting of the revived CAMEO Theater sign, Snap! Space’s One Year Anniversary and the unique public Art Fence by artist Chris Scala!
A bit of history: The Cameo’s original opening was on Nov. 27, 1940. The featured movie was the Bob Hope / Bing Crosby film "Road to Singapore.” Adult ticket prices were listed at 20 cents for shows at the single-screen movie house.
• The CAMEO Theater sign will be lit for the first time in 75 yrs
• Parking Art Fence installation by Chris Scala
• Art Exhibit and projection at Snap! Space
• Guest stars from Orlando City Soccer Club
• Special pop-up show by Art Mobile
• Beauty treats at The Beauty Spot
• DJ sets by Nigel John and Lazy Afternoon
• Specialty cocktails by The Courtesy Bar
• Premium flavored sparkling water by Onli Beverages
• Food truck byFantastic Hummus
• Coffee by Downtown Credo
Thank you, Jorge Boone and Magdalena Dalsjo for everything you have done to restore The Cameo Theatre, the home to Snap! Space. Thank you Ron Jaffe for your thoughtful research and for the time spent combing through the history to find the original image of the Cameo for historical restoration purposes. We are very grateful to call The Cameo our home in the great Mills 50 District!
Hosted by Patrick & Holly Kahn and Jorge Boone & Magdalena Dalsjo.
Snap! Cultural Events is a 501(c)3 charitable foundation with the mission to celebrate discover and cultivate emerging talent and promote the appreciation of photography and the arts in Central Florida.